Adventures in the North - that’s what Aventure Nordique stands for. They sell fine gear for your winter adventures here in the north, and also know something about lightweight hiking gear, as you will see!
If you need to freshen up what this is all about, read the Introduction!
Aventure Nordique popped up a couple of years ago in France, and helps you with all your Nordic Backcountry skiing needs - be it pulkas, the great OAC skis (they ship world-wide!), maps for planning your route and warm clothing, chances are that Aventure Nordique has it. Régis, the owner of Aventure Nordique, has been on several long skiing expeditions, on which he has learned a thing or two about packing light for a backpacking trip, as you can see from their OSS list:
|Item||Name||Weight in gram||Price|
|Backpack||Nigor ZeroG L||1049||149,95 €|
|Sleeping bag||Siren 30 Down Ultralight Quilt||540||399,00 €|
|Mattress||Exped Synmat UL 7 S||405||99,00 €|
|Shelter||Big Agnes Fly Creek UL 1||936||285,00 €|
|Pot||Evernew Ti Solo Pot Set 750 ml||180||70,00 €|
|Stove||Eifel Lithium||44||59,00 €|
|Cutlery||Titanium Spork Short||15||10,00 €|
|Knife||Opinel N°8 Outdoor Knife||62||21,90 €|
|Lamp||Primus MicronLantern||124||59,95 €|
|Trekking Poles||Black Diamond Trail trekking poles||528||69,00 €|
|Shoes*||Salomon Speedcross 3 CS||626||134,95 €|
|Fleece*||Mountain Equipment Dark Days Hooded Jacket||635||99,90 €|
|Insulation*||Yeti Purity Jacket||230||369,95 €|
|Rain pants||Exped Chaps||150||39,95 €|
|Rain jacket||Ultra-Sil Nano Tarp-Poncho||185||89,00 €|
|Boxers*||Icebreaker Anatomica Boxers||60||39,95 €|
|T-Shirt*||Mammut Moench T-Shirt||125||69,95 €|
|Longsleeve*||Bergans Soleie Shirt||150||54,95 €|
Total Weight: 6.044 g
Total Price: 2.121,40 €
My thoughts on the list:
- The big three are again very good choices and even with the pad included are under 3 kg!
- Nice stove and pot combo
- I don’t know why a short Titanium Spork was chosen, but I’m a fan of long-handled spoons as they make eating from bags easier
- Nice knife! I would prefer the classic Opinel with a wooden handle, but this one is likely more durable and functional in wet weather
- Interesting choice for a lamp. I wouldn’t want to rely on it when needing to hike in the dark, pus you’d need fuel to power it. For camp it’s probably fine, though
- A light & interesting rain gear choice. Easy to put on, keeps the pack dry, and the chaps add also warmth on cold, rainy days
- Solid garment choices, nice combo of synthetics and merino wool
- Overall a great list which with one or two changes would be very nice!
The other OSS lists thus far:
|Trekking-Lite-Store.com||6.157 g||2.288,80 €||0,47 € per gram|
|CampSaver.com||5.316 g||1.993,80 €||0,52 € per gram|
|Globetrotter||8.995 g||3.272,20 €||0,36 € per gram|
|Partioaitta||7.354 g||2448,15 €||0,33 € per gram|
|Bergfreunde||4.657 g||2.440,10 €||0,52 € per gram|
|Walkonthewildside.eu||6.143 g||2.349,45 €||0,38 g per gram|
|Backpackinglight.dk||4.994 g||2.464,35 €||0,49 € per gram|
|Racelite.de||5.884 g||2.145,05 €||0,36 € per gram|
|Ultralight Outdoor Gear||4.549 g||2.796,69 €||0,61 € per gram|
|Bergzeit||5.559 g||2.430,00 €||0,44 € per gram|
|Outdoorline.sk||5.392 g||2.056,70 €||0,38 € per gram|
|Aventure Nordique||6.044 g||2.121,40 €||0,35 € per gram|
|AVERAGE||5.920 g||2.400,56 €||0,43 € per gram|
Next up is Moonlight Gear from Japan!
Disclaimer: The One Stop Shop Series was Carsten’s idea and he gave me permission to translate his posts to English and contact a few more shops around the world. If you can read German, you can head over to his blog and read the posts in German.